Websites to Help with Grieving
There are countless resources to help with grieving. Here are a few suggestions:
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, nowilaymedowntosleep.org
A quote from the this organization’s website that beautifully addresses photography and death: “You do not have to look at the photographs right away, but they will be there when and if you are ready. You cannot take this moment back. Remembrance photography is a very important step in the healing process. Photographs are one of the most precious and tangible mementos that a parent can have, showing the love and bond that was given and shared with their baby. These portraits will last for generations, and will honour and remember a tiny life that is forever loved and cherished.”
- Tiny Light Foundation, a photographic charity, thetinylight.com
- Memorial Jewelry, memorial jewelry
- Silver Souls,silversoul.ca, (403) 581-8877
Grief Support for Families:
- Sesame Street
Sesame Street has created a very resourceful website to help children learn to cope with grief. The site offers child friendly downloadable books, activities and guides. Visit sesamestreet.organd navigate to “toolkits,” where you’ll find a section about grief.
Other helpful sites:
- Meal Train
Meal Train is focused on the act of organizing meal giving around significant life events.
- Information and support on palliative and end of life care, loss and grief.
- A walk that honours the little lives lost: walktoremember.ca
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Donate today to help make a child’s life exponentially better through the great work we are doing at the NKF.