Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and the limit of large gatherings, we have elected to postpone Camp Everest until the Summer of 2021. More information will be posted in the Spring of 2021 on this website and our social media sites.
CAMP EVEREST 2021
ALL campers will need to bring their own:
- Sleeping bag
- Optional: flat sheet
- Towels (2)
All volunteers residing in the private double rooms will be provided sheets, pillows, and pillowcases, however, you will still need to bring your own towel and toiletries.
All parents are asked to provide ALL medical supplies for their children(diapers, wipes, catheters, etc). If your child needs an antihistamine like Reactine or Benadryl, please pack it. We will provide the Tylenol liquid and tabs as well as Advil liquid and tabs, so parents do not have to pack them.
- Camp Everest is a latex and peanut free environment.
- Camp Everest will provide sunscreen and insect repellent, so there is no need to pack it.
- The majority of our camp counsellors are RNs, residents, occupational and physical therapists from the Stollery Children’s Hospital and that we have two full time pediatric camp nurses.
- In addition to the health care professionals out at camp we also have another 20 adult volunteers bringing the adult to camper ratio to 2:1.
- Your children are in good hands and will have an amazing weekend!
COUNSELLORS & NURSES
Campers will be divided based on Gender, Age and Ability. Each team will have at least one counsellor with a medical background. There is a minimum of 2 Registered Nurses at camp at all times to provide medications & help with medical needs.
Some activities may include:
- Scavenger hunts
- High Ropes Course
- Low Ropes Course
- Rock Wall Climbing
- Ropes Course
- Arts & Crafts
- Science experiments
Please click here to download an example of a menu for Camp Everest. Meals may not be exactly as shown, but it will give you an idea of what your kids will be eating.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Donate today to help make a child’s life exponentially better through the great work we are doing at the NKF.